Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's all about the location

So here's where i have been having my breakdown. I have this image as to what I want my wedding to look like in my head and I can concede to certain things but the bottom line is this. if its not what going to be the perfect day - the one perfect, semi-controllable day - what's the point in even having it. And, for that matter, Jay and I could just go to the justice of the peace. But, that's just it - it IS our day. The one and only day that we decide the date on. Kids - not in our hands, buying a home - not in our hands (closing dates, etc). A wedding, and our wedding, that day is our choice and damit - i'm gonna try and perfect it!

So here's my list of things I desire for the ultimate Shannon & Jason wedding.

1) An outdoor ceremony AND reception. As optomistic as I can be, there is the mother who constantly (daily, hourly) reminds me that yes if its all outdoors and it rains then what's hour back up. And that's the thing - backup - I don't mind tents or even a stand alone shelter. In fact, if that had to be the set-up and the sides were removable that'd be just fine as well!
2) Sleeping quarters - I would love to accommodate everyone, however I would be okay if 40 people or so (about half the expected) could stay onsite.
- these accommodations have to be CLEAN and reasonably priced (i'd love to get it so its around $250-300/couple for the weekend OR less of course)
3) At around $100pp for food and open bar for the entire evening
4) I kinda sorta need a water source and trees. Like kinda as in HAVE TO! The romance of tree canopies and serenity of water.....SCREAMS shannon and jason's wedding :0) Also, I do not whatsoever want to see any highrises, or neighbors or a parkinglot.
5) No end @ hour - no requirements that we have to have everything shut down by 10pm, 11pm or midnight....or that i can't take photos after 6pm. NO RESTRICTIONS!
6) If I could I'd love if I could bring in my own booze. But if I can't then it MUST be reasonably priced.....not $30/hour/person.....
7) Required - as per Jason - that it has to be within a 4 hour drive distance from Asbury Park
Here's what I've gotten so far.....most of the things I need......check'em out:

Maryland's Eastern Shore:
Ransome's Chesapeake Bay Retreat - $4500/weekend, sleeps 34 comfortably, other rentals nearby, bring in EVERYTHING
*runner up: Captain's Quarter's, Cod's Point

New York's Catskills:
Full Moon Resort - $145pp (includes, 3 hours open bar) + LOTS of additional costs....

No comments: