Monday, August 25, 2008

Running of the Brides...okay I walked :0)














So my mom and i drove up to Laurel & Greg's on Thursday night - a LONG drive up as for some reason the Connecticut DOT thinks shutting down an interstate to one lane is a SMART thing to do! Thank you TOM-TOM you made driving a whole lot better. We had a lovely morning with Josie, L&G's adorable little girl. She's gotten so big and absolutely a bundle of joy! Once on the road we were in Boston in no time (again thanks TOM-TOM). All of a sudden we found ourselves at the Hynes Convention Center...and no hoo-ah!?! It was crazy - here I was expecting there to be tons and tons and TONS of crazy screaming people. I guess that's what happens when you show up 4 hours after they open the door. There was still dresses EVERYWHERE, and of course possessiveness over dresses that the other brides (or brides-to-be) were trying on or thinking about. I heard lots of screams of joy and excitement...while i was struggling. It seemed like if you were a wedding dress size 8-12 you were golden. I on the other hand am a size 16-20. Yes I know, I KNOW. Devastated with the size - thank you swimming bust size - and annoyed that the selection was sub-par. I was sort of expecting to walk into the Princeton boutique that currently houses my uuber expensive dress yet all the dresses were under a grand. Sadly, this was NOT the case. A lot of the dresses were cheap looking, a lot of them had LONG sleeves and the rest - well hello ball gowns. So i was definitely disappointed but heck I drove all that way, I'm gonna try some on.






Overall my mom and I had some really good laughs...and I did wind up with a dress. Time will only tell if its the one.



No comments: