Thursday, September 18, 2008

oooo letter press oooo

Well as for an obsession for any bride the invitations are the beautiful thing that is supposed to excite all invitees and say - i cannot WAIT to go to this wedding! Its as if you order tickets to a baseball game (ahem NYY vs BOS), you wait in anticipation and when they finally arrive its Christmas morning (or July 13th) and you open them up, inspect them and are just thrilled to hold them in your hand - knowing full well that when you get to this game (or wedding) the excitement will explode onto an awesome event.

Enter letter press - the choice (re: expensive) of all exclusive brides. I am not however as fortunate to afford such a luxury item as I am saving (anywhere) to afford not only throwing an awesome wedding/ceremony/reception - but a weekend full of activity PLUS the extra for our honeymoon.

So when I saw this post on Perfect Bound - i nearly had a heart attack!

So i jump over to Dingbat's Letterpress.....and read the rules and want to cry. My thoughts for a wedding invite to go with our uuber casual wedding in the woods - how awesome would it be to get FREE design AND invitations. My OCD may be in overdrive because it's not my design but as I flip through pages and pages on their blog and website....my heart SOARS!
(image Dingbat on etsy)
I certainly don't need 100 invites - my mere wedding of 90 can be kept to wraps w/ 50 invites, etc. but heck they're BEAUTIFUL! I particularly love all of the floral references....and although delicate the simplicity of the colors, just amazing.

So....we wait and see!

No comments: