Monday, March 3, 2008

The wedding party - shannon has a bestfriend that's a girl?!?!

Like most of the female population, when you're a child you envision your wedding being this one type of event. And, I've noticed watching these bride tv shows most women like to transform their idea of a wedding first manufactured at 5 years old into an eleborate, EXPENSIVE, wedding of their dreams. I on the other hand grew up, I'm not 5 years old and frankly don't have the kind of bank to throw off a $500,000 wedding - if i did then i'd have bought a house with it rather than a one day affair. My idea of a wedding went from a true cinderella - with about 15 women flanking my right side - to the practical - who do i really want to stand next to me? I considered my two closest buds, John & Danny as my dudes of honor - but then realized that that is completely a freakshow and would look more like Marilyn Monroe's Diamonds are a girls best friend! So I thought long and hard and put myself in the shoes of all my girlfriends. Which ones i've known the longest, which ones would even want to be up there, which ones are single (matron of honor - i'm more partial to maid) and frankly which ones will allow me to be COOL and do my thing! Low and behold my mind pops to a friend, a friend like no other. Most other friends are first introduced to her by an adjective - one she too uses to refer to me - C-R-A-Z-Y. Yup that's right crazy. Crazy because her ability to look into any situation and have a riot of a time. When we met, it was like two magnets being pulled together. Our friend-life is like a revolving door. We met when I arrived in Frederick & she was leaving. We kept in contact due to our love of adventure and travel. When we finally were able to be in the same location - Washington, DC - it was as if a bulb went bright! I love her like a sister, and couldn't imagine not having this crazy girl in my life. So when it came time to really chose a person to present/represent me in my wedding I couldn't think of a more marvelous and perfect choice than my best girlfriend Laura Emerick. And to this post I dedicate to her - my Maid of Honor.

No comments: